Fieldwork experience with educational component aimed to provide concrete data for a sustainable marine resource managing of the Policastro Gulf, through a full collaboration with the local authorities. Participants will participate to boat monitoring sessions, analysing data and public awareness actions.
- Accommodation to Hotel Residence DOMUS (no sheets and towels provided)
- Basic food (pasta, oil, salt, tomato sauce, etc…)
- Fieldwork expenses (boat renting, fuel, etc…)
- Professional formation provided by Ecomodel experts
Fee DOESN’T include:
- Extra food
- Restaurant meals
- Personal expenses (es. souvenir)
- Travel to Maratea
- Minimum age 16 years
- Good physical conditions and no strong seasickness
- Adaptable and prone to work in team
For marine activities
- Binoculars (recommended model)
- Digital watch
- Reflex camera, minimum 55-300mm lens and 64Gb SD card
- Waterproof jacket
- Sun cream
- Work gloves
- Swiss knife
- Non-slip shoes
- Cooperate: fieldwork could be more fun with teamwork! We recommend to create this bond since the beginning! We will create a Whatsapp group, in order to put all the participants in contact and decide how to reach Maratea together!
- Keep a fieldwork journal: the fieldwork is a stimulating environment, maybe a little detail may bring to a ground-breaking idea!
- Travel light: Spaces are limited and shared with other people. Take with you the bare minimum to fieldwork and some fun-time, especially in summer.
- Adapt: unexpected events are routine in wildlife work. Be prepared to come back to HQ sooner or later than expected, or stay at home because the weather. Keep this in mind when prepare your field bag!
- Questioning: o ask, to guess, to doubt is totally normal, so don’t be afraid to speak up! If it’s not possible to answer in that moment you can write your question on your journal and ask it later.
- Don’t be shy!:improve your interpersonal skills by interacting with locals, which are the most important piece of each wildlife research. They know better than anyone the situation and they can give you some interesting advices and information for future development of your research. If you don’t speak Italian, don’t worry: somehow Italians will make themselves understandable. Also, our team members are all English speakers, they can translate for you!
- Create a network: those kinds of experience are ideal chance to know new people to collaborate with, one day.